Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Wedding Arbor

Amelia, Carley and Peyton play beyond the new arbor

The whole family was out this week to help out on the farm! Lindsey and John, Peyton and Ruby, Ray, Meredithe, Amelia, Carley and I, and our friend Mat were all working hard. Everyone did their part, mostly clearing the front yard. We took out mainly privet, juniper, blackberries and other underbrush. We kept a few pines, a few Bradford Pears, a couple maple and all the oak and persimmon I could find. Everything else got chopped and dragged over to the main brush pile. Hopefully soon we'll rent a wood chipper, turn it all into mulch and redistribute it out over the garden beds and around the trees etc. I'll show you the amazing progress we made in my next post, but the big accomplishment this week was the wedding arbor. Ray and John put it up in what seemed like no time at all! Mat took our pictures underneath it and all over the farm for our "save the dates" and they're beautiful! The arbor really helps the wedding garden come into focus. Just over five months from now I'll be marrying the love of my life, right under there...

No comments:

Post a Comment